In brief, our methodology comprises of the following components:
1. Study Design: The goal here is to develop a specific strategy that is relevant to Nigeria. We have done this by streamlining the clustering codes since Nigeria’s economy is not sophisticated yet.
Below are some elements in our design:
- The opportunity within clusters and its core drivers
- The landscape of the cluster business model and its key differentiators
- Government policies on cluster growth trajectory
- Long-term political impacts on cluster quality and efficiency
We are also looking at some indicators which include the following in our study:
- Training and manpower development
- Corporate governance
- R&D and general innovation
- Service quality
- Business process and model
2. Literature review and Pre-data Collection study: Previous works by National Center for Technology Management, National Bureau of Statistics, Corporate Affairs Commission, among others are very valuable.
3. Data Collection: The interviews, questionnaires, focus groups, visits, etc.
4. Data Analysis: Make sense of the data and then port to Map and map the innovations based on many metrics we have developed internally.
In the past, we have worked on tracking innovations at global scale especially in emerging areas like nanotechnology and microelectronics (our book received IGI Global "Book of the Year" award) examining the trajectory of global diffusion, policy and economics. Our methodology in this study is designed to provide resources that will help both government and the business community.